Terms and Conditions
To make a contribution to the World-Tree Project, you must agree to the following terms and conditions.
The World-Tree Project is funded by an Irish Research Council 'New Horizons' Grant and is based at University College Cork. Material submitted to the collection is licenced for use under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
All submissions to the World-Tree archive will be moderated and described by researchers on the project, and made publically available. We reserve the right to refuse to publish material that we deem to be defamatory, racist or deliberately misleading, and to correct factual errors in the metadata.
We also reserve the right to refuse material that we deem to have been collected without the copyright holder's permission, and particularly in the case of original material, to have been collected illegally.
Please see in particular the restrictions on metal detecting in Ireland. Metal detecting is illegal in Ireland and you can download a document outlining the laws here.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions you are confirming that:
1. You control all the rights to the material you are submitting or have permission from the rights holder.
2. Archaeological material you are submitting was collected in accordance with any national regulations regarding finds reporting.
3. You consent to letting The World-Tree Project make the material you are submitting publically available on the website www.worldtreeproject.org
4. You consent to the use and reproduction of the submitted material for educational purposes.
5. You agree that these rights will last "in perpetuity".
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the metadata supplied by contributors and to clear copyright. However, if you notice an oversight, please let the site administrators know by sending an email to email@example.com, and we will endeavour to correct the information or remove the item.
The World-Tree Project is an eduational resource and we will not grant permissions to reproduce any material submitted to the archive for commercial purposes. The original owner or copyright holder should alwaysbe contacted.
When reproducing items from the World-Tree Project Archive, you should include the statement 'Sourced from the World-Tree Project, www.worldtreeproject.org.' and include the copyright notice attached to the item.
Anglo Viking silver penny. Sourced from the World-Tree Project, www.worldtreeproject.org. (c) Leicestershire County Council.