This section offers suggestions of books that offer more information on the topics covered in this exhibit.
- Brøgger, A. W. and H. Shetelig, trans. Katharine John (1971), Viking Ships: Their Ancestry and Evolution. London: C. Hurst & Co.
- Crumlin-Pedersesen, O. and O. Olsen (eds) (2002), The Skuldelev Ships I: Topography, Archaeology, History, Conservation and Display. Roskilde: The Viking Ship Museum
- Jesch, J. (2001), Ships and Men in the Late Viking Age: The Vocabulary of Runic Inscriptions and Skaldic Verse. Woodbridge: Boydell & Brewer
- Nylén, E. and J. P. Lamm (1988), Stones, Ships and Symbols. Stockholm; Gidlunds
- Sjøvold, T. (1985), The Viking Ships in Oslo. Oslo: Universitetets Oldsakssamling
- Vinner, M., (2013), Boats of the Viking Ship Museum. Roskilde: The Viking Ship Museum.Williams, G., (2014), The Viking Ship. London: The British Museum Press
- The website of the Viking Ship Museum in Roskilde has many useful resources about the construction and sailing of Viking ships, including videos and educational resources http://www.vikingeskibsmuseet.dk/en/
- A useful list of Viking Ships in Denmark (reconstructed and Viking inspired) can be found at http://www.vikingtoday.com/ships/denmark/index.htm
- The website of Draken Harald Hårfagre documents the journey of this Viking-inspired ship across the North Atlantic http://www.drakenexpeditionamerica.com/
- The website of the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo has information about the three ships and images of the excavations and grave goods http://www.khm.uio.no/english/visit-us/viking-ship-museum/